What is Probate?
Probate is the process of proving the validity of a Will to the Supreme Court of Western Australia. A Grant of Probate is a document issued by the Supreme Court of Western Australia confirming an executor’s authority to deal with the affairs the deceased person.
When will the Court make a grant of Probate?
The Supreme Court will issue a Grant of Probate to you if it is satisfied that:
- the deceased is the author of the Will;
- you are named as an executor;
- the Will was correctly signed and witnessed;
- the Will was not revoked by the deceased before they died; and
- you have sworn to the value of assets and liabilities of the deceased as at the date of death.